Friday, November 30, 2007

Free Rice, par 3: Level 50

Another few minutes of inspired guessing (while some guy came by to drop off a new 64 bit machine in my office, so clearly no work could be done, right?) has me up at 50. Woohoo!

The level 49 and 50 words I saw, with the meanings attributed to them by the game ("cantabile" is particularly dodgy). If you care to feel superior, you can tell yourself you knew the ones I got wrong (asterisked). You can also feel superior if you actually knew "unco", because that was a wild guess on my part.


Level 49:

*guerdon (reward)
*debouch (emerge)
lambrequin (drapery)
unco (remarkably)
cantabile (smoothly flowing)

Level 50:

kermis (festival)
*pasquinade (satirize)


I'm back down to 48, but I'm happy, fancy-free, and insouciant about my level now. Haha. 50. Take that, flash game thing! I have beaten you! I have fed the teeming multitudes in the process! On to the next challenge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home