Friday, November 30, 2007

Free Rice, part 2

As mentioned before, I'm digging this. I made it up to level 49 and promptly got the one level 49 word wrong: megrim.


me.grim /'mE-gr&m/, noun [14th century]

1) (a) MIGRAINE (b) VERTIGO, DIZZINESS

2) (a) FANCY, WHIM b plural low spirits

[Middle English migreime, from Middle French migraine -- more at
MIGRAINE]

(C) 1997 by Merriam-Webster, Incorporated


Oh well. Back to 48, it is. I think 39 or 40 is where I'm really at (that is, I actually recognise all the words and know their meanings without looking at the answers), but it's not that hard to fake your way up a bit, especially if you know some other languages. *brag*brag* Next up: my SAT scores!

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

My best is 37, I think I'm actually 35 or so.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home