Monday, November 27, 2006

19: Housekeeping vs. The Dirt, Nick Hornby

Kepler's had a 30% sale thanksgiving weekend and I went nuts. Luckily, I stayed up till 5:30 Sunday morning to read the first purchase (not because it was so good, which it was, but because my circardian schedule is severely fucked up). Still, the backlog has grown significantly. (Have you noticed, dear imaginary reader, that I have not kept track of Books Bought anymore? Yes, that's because the kinds of numbers required to express their quantity require recursive tricks like Knuth's arrow notation.)

I loved The Polysyllabic Spree, and this is more of the same: book review columns Nick Hornby wrote for McSweeney's Believer magazine. (Perhaps I should subscribe?) Hilarious and edifying. Like, um, Schoolhouse Rock. Or something. Anyway: the reviews are short and whet the appetite: my amazan wishlist grew significantly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home