Sunday, September 02, 2007

13: Brainiac, Ken Jennings

More goodness: funny, articulate (or, I suppose, well-articulated), and interesting. Ken's blog is also excellent. Made me go out and buy some other Jeopardy! books. But of course.


The whole thing is filled with imaginative prose and witty references to pop culture. Example, after mentioning the problems of confidentiality contracts and repeated tape-dates:


Despite what I was always taught by Sunday school teachers and TV after-school specials, our tangled web of lies seems to hold up okay. We find a friend of Mindy's who didn't know in advance about my Jeopardy! tape dates, and she agrees to babysit Dylan. My boss tells everyone at work that I have the flu. In the age of the cell phone, it's easy to pretend we're still in Salt Lake City even when my parents call while we're stuck in traffic on the San Diego Freeway. But the whole charade is exhausting. This must be what it feels like to be a secret agent, or Spider-Man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home